Mexico Adventure Day 4

Day 4 was awesome. We took a taxi to Playa del Carmen to catch a ferry to the island of Cozumel.It has some of the best diving in the world and was mostly undiscovered until Jacque Cousteau came along. Blake was really stocked to go scuba diving but then realized he for got his dive card. He was really bummed out but we whipped out our lonely planet guide book and found that it is on the best placed to go snorkiling too. Good thing we still had all our gear.
We we hoped on a super sweet fast ferry called AltraMar II.



Sorry the picture sucks we forgot to take a picture so I tried to get one off the internet.

Once we got to port we walked around window shopping for a bit and marveled at all the bright buildings. Really cool place but not so cheap due to all the Cruise ships. The locals like to play rip off the tourists. hehehe We got a taxi and booked it to beach Playa Palancar. We booked a boat to take us out snorkling to reefs Columbia Gardens and Palanacar. We had to wait a little while until more people signed up too.
the Dive/Snorkel Shop

So we ordered some mango virgin margaritas (YUMMY) and sat back, relaxed and slathered on the sunblock. Ok for those who know me i am obsessed with shell collecting. This place was heaven except no "Heather you can't collect shells here it is a nature preserve." AAAARRRGGGG. Thanks Blake for pointing that out!!! There where huge conch shells every where on the beach. How cool is that. Oh well I was good an didn't take anything but I was disappointed. Another couple finally signed up so we got on the boat and headed out.

Wow, was it amazing. We did the drift snorkeling where the boat dropped us off at one reef and we drifed a few miles to the other on. Sooo Cool. Our guide would point stuff out to us like stingrays or make ring bubbles with his mouth. I was impressed.
Blake and I clowning around.

We both got sunburnt the day before so we wore our shirts. Blake also exposed the film so these ones are kinda crapy. But we kept being surrounded by a huge school of fish and they would get right in your face, not scared at all. It was really cool but kinda creepy because they followed us the whole time.


They were pretty big but you can't really tell here. Our fish posse!



Me and the fishes. You can kinda tell how big they are here.



Awww he is sooo cute! My aim was a little off. hehehehe



This is an idea of the all the sweet coral we saw. This is really exposed, sorry.

It was an amazing time. Blake and I had fun chasing fish and diving down to get a better look at all the amazing coral. It wasn't long enough but we had to go back in because the park was going to close. We met a cool couple from on of the cruise ships and we shared a taxi. they got off first and when we got dropped off the taxi driver tried to charge us double the rate. After a heated debate we got it lowered a little. Crazy Taxi drivers!!!! Oh well right? We did some more shopping and hung out waiting for the ferry. We had reservations for the Mexican restaurant that night. we were starving when we got there but the food wasn't very good so we were disappointed. It was a fun day and we crashed when we got back. A few hours later I found out I had food poisoning so I camped out in the bathroom most of the night. Sad huh. I tried not to wake Blake up and when I was not in bed he found me sleeping on the bathroom floor and made me come back to bed. Fun times!!! We should have gone to the French restaurant.

Comments

How fun!! I really want to go snorkling now!
Didnt you love Cozumel? Elliot and I went there on our honeymoon! It was one of 2 places we stopped at on our cruise. We got to go on an ATV Ride in the jungle. IT was really cool. We got to see a bunch of ruins as well.
I am glad you had a fun time!! But what a bummer you got sick.
Unknown said…
I'm sorry to hear you got sick, that's no fun. Always go for the french!!
I'm so glad you guys had a great time, it looks like you really had a lot of fun!

Popular posts from this blog

Dads Weekend Chili & football

My New Store

Toby the Wonder Dog!!!!