5K's Rock

Yesterday I ran in my first 5K ever. Hoooray. It was sooo fun. At mothers day Blake made me promise to run a 5K with him within a years time. I tried to get out of it but to no avail..anyway so I was telling a coworker about it and we became running buddies. Needless to say I guess i didn't need a year to train. On a whim I saw the Wondergirl race posted a window while cruising downtown and thought shoot I should do it.

So I talked to LeeAnn my running buddy and we signed up. It was sooo fun and i am so glad I did it. I was really proud of my self and i wasn't evern last. I had better time than i thought i would too. I am dog sitting right now so i took the pooch with me. I am glad I did. It got his walk out of the way and it was fun having him as my partner. He did really well too (don't worry the owners know i take him running).
I am totally hooked and am planning on doing the next race in Nov. Hooray for running.

Pictures to come.

Comments

Heather! When are you coming to visit next??
love you!
Way to go on the 5K. I finally got Clayton into running with me. Maybe one day we will traverse the long road to Oregon to run one with you.
chelsea mckell said…
needless to say.... DITTO! Im so happy you caught the running bug! Its one of those most exhilarating feelings ever. The world would be a better place if everyone ran a 5K regularly.
Heather said…
It was a forced running bug but i am glad that i caught it. It makes me feel good and it is free. There are so many pretty places to run i love it.
Gates & Tausha said…
nice JOB!!! thats on my goal list for 08...better get going!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Dads Weekend Chili & football

Toby the Wonder Dog!!!!