Singing and being sick

Well, the last few weeks have been interesting.  I got my flu shot but got stalked and bitten by a nasty cold instead. There is some nasty stuff going around. 

At any rate I got so sick I lost my voice and couldn't eat for a week. I was supposed to sing in the 79th performance of Handel's Messiah and I was getting really nervous that I still didn't have a voice a few days before the performance. I thought well I guess I can lip sync.  

My dad came down too to watch me sing.  My parents have always been so great at supporting us kids whenever we are performing in something. Anyway it was a good excuse to clean up my apartment lol.  

The first night I was kinda getting my voice back but as Karma would have it I had a terrible coughing attack during the first song. It was hilarious. I was trying not to cough but every time I look a breath I started to cough and my eyes started to water. I had tears running down my face by the middle of the song but I just let them flow since you should not touch your face while performing.  Good thing we got to sit down while the orchestra did their thing so I could wipe my face and try to quietly cough.  What a funny night.  But by the end of the program I was doing fine lol.  I am just thankful that I wasn't in the front row so I could hide. 

Good news is I am all better and have a voice again. Hooray! I am excited for this weekend so I can do some last min Christmas shopping and go to the MOTAB Christmas concert with some pretty amazing people.  Woot woot! I love the Holidays, it is the season on giving.

Next week I turn a big 33. Its funny because I don't feel old.  Well, I am celebrating it by taking the day off of work to go skiing.  Plus I get to see an old friend I haven't seen in forever and catch up. I can't wait. Just a week away! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dads Weekend Chili & football

Toby the Wonder Dog!!!!