OSU's 56th Annual Luau


Guess what?

I leaned a hula and danced at OSU's Luau put on by the Polynesian Cultural Club Hui O Hawaii.
A call went out for faculty and staff to join in the fun and I accepted the challenge. Pretty hilarious to watch I am sure.

Practice started at the end of January and the big day was Saturday April 23rd.

I was totally nervous as I was front and center (why does that always happen to me?) and we practiced like crazy. I have always wanted to learn the hula and now I can check it off my bucket list.

The whole night was amazing and totally reminded me of college. The performers were so talented and the venue was packed. Plus the food was soo good. I miss Hawaii!!!!

Well, here are a few photos of me trying to pull off a hula.










Here is us practicing with Benny the Beaver OSU's mascott.
We made him dance and it was hilarious.

Comments

Kristin said…
Love it! Wish I could've been there to cheer you on!

Popular posts from this blog

Dads Weekend Chili & football

Toby the Wonder Dog!!!!