Greetings!! After getting a lot of flack for not posting here is your post. (Rachel) :)
Blake organized an awesome trip to Royal Basin in the Olympic National Park. Here are a few photos for the non Face book people. Well here is the documentation of our two day16 miles round trip backpacking epic experience. I thought I was going to die while the Blakester was in outdoor heaven. Lessons I learned I need to work out more but I still conquered that trail. OK OK even though these little old ladies totally smoked us I am still proud of myself for actually doing it and for not breaking down on the trail half way up and crying my eyes out because I was sooo sick of climing up. It went on and on and on and on. Ever steeper and rockier....i think you get the picture....


Royal creek. At the beginning.
Becca Pederson and i somewhere on that crazy steep trail

Ok this part was actually a nice break in going up

Why hello handsome. Got to love the selfportraits.

Biggest tree ever!!!!!!
Are we there yet? Nope... so miss leading 1.5 more miles to go

We made it. Royal lake...now to find a camp site. All the site were full so we had to keep going to find some more privitive campsites. Had to wake the ranger because it was dark and we needed a place to rest our weary bodies. Well my weary body. I feel blisters!

Our awesome camp site we never would have found without the ranger.

Breakfast. Oh yeah we camp in style baby!!!!!


Blake convinced us to hike some more to the upper basin. More up...really?
He was just so dang cute.

this so had us saying "aaaaaas yoooouuu wiiiissshhhh" Total Princess Bride hill right???

This is the spot of the future Boren cabin with a Helicopter pad. So pretty

Pretty waterfall and snow.

Marmot Love. These guys were everywhere.

Me and the meadow = Awesomeness

The Boren's

On the way back to break camp.

The log bridge to get to camp hence there was no way we would have found this in the dark.

The Blakes. Blake 1 and Blake 2 at Royal Lake.

Happy Hikers.


My nasty blistery momento. Had to document it.

All in all a great trip. Super sore for days after but satisfaction of accomplishment and the beauty of nature was sooo worth it. Kudo's to the Blakester!!!!

Comments

shelly said…
That's beautiful, but you are all crazy =)
Stephanie said…
That looks awesome!! Where is it at? I have to go!

Popular posts from this blog

Dads Weekend Chili & football

Toby the Wonder Dog!!!!