Surfing, reunion, and Texas

Well, it has been over a month again but lots has happened naturally. This time I have pictures to prove it.

Most recently, I just got back from the best weekend ever with Blake in Houston, Texas. Lots of good old bonding time, kayaking, good food, and relaxing. Blake's tradition is to make Sunday dinner and I got to help him make a traditional Venezuelan dish from his mission. Shredded beef, black beans, rice, and fried plantains. It was pure goodness. All fresh ingredients and tasty. I hope we make that again. Then after dinner it was a mad game of cranium with friends. It was amazing. I am still on a happy high.

A beautiful sunrise in Galveston. Yes, mom I actually was up that early hehehe

My Beautiful babies all decked out and ready to play. Here Blake is super bummed that the weather was crappy and too windy so we couldn't go kayak fishing. He really wanted to catch a shark. Yikes, I was just going to kayak and be the official photographer.

Happy Feet and plan B at Armand Bayou after a nice nap. No sharks but the possibility of gators. We were bummed we didn't see any. Although Blake's kayak got bumped by something and it was decided it could have been a gator checking him out. You never know.

My Fisherman in action

The Boren's all hot and sweaty but having a great time.

What's up people? I am the kayak Queen. Ok, I just wish I was.
My Action shot. It was windy so I was really digging in.

Mister handsome letting me take a picture. He is a stud.

So for old news...

July 17th Got to go surfing with my gal pal Kristin and we tried out a new spot at Otter Rock. It was small and windy but super worth it. What can I say surfing is always worth it no matter what.

July 31st - August 2nd Rocked the Quick family reunion in Washington at the end of July. Super fun times with funny people. Took a historic train ride to Snoqualmie Falls, took a dip in Sammamish lake with the kids, ate lots of yummy food, with the basketball court in the back yard lots of pickup games took place, Then my favorite we all sat around the fire pit roasting s'mores listening to stories from great Auncle Jimmy about he and grandpa growing up in Montana. Who knew they were little hellions. hehehehe. Then it was open roast hour with lots of family secrets being dished out by loving cousins. I had no idea my mom sunk a boat or that grandpa used to trow crab apples at cars!!!. hahahaha Needless to say it was pretty funny and caught all on film. I love my family.

The Crazy Quick family photo

Until Next time..... I will try to be better about posting so it is not so boring. Peace out!

Comments

Hey Girl!

Miss you and wondering if you will be home for christmas?? I would love to see you!

What's new with you guys these days??

Ps.. look for a little something coming in the mail :)
chelsea mckell said…
So.... I knew this girl who used to blog...

???

Popular posts from this blog

Dads Weekend Chili & football

Toby the Wonder Dog!!!!