Coastal Field Trip

Hooray for the Beach. I got to take a group of new and returning students on a field trip to the Oregon Coast. It was a blast. We had a world renowned Oceanographer/ Geologist (who teaches for the my department) as our guide. We went to Seal rock, Hatfield Marine Science Center, Ona Beach for Lunch, and then on the the dormant volcano to Mary's Peak. It was very interesting to learn about the ancient volcanoes that shaped the Oregon Coast and about the different kinds of sediments, and how to identify them.

Seal Rock
I found a slimy friend. Our unofficial mascot is the slug because our computer lab in the the basement so they call it S.L.U.G. Students Learning Underground. Anyway i got a kick out of it. It was pretty big!

Lots of sea foam. We had to trudge through it to get to the tidepools. Under the white fluffy top was puck green sludge. It was gross and sticky, I guess i should have expected that of dead organic matters. It did not come off easily.

All in all it was such an awesome time. I will do just about anything to go to the beach. Shoot and i got paid to do it! SOO fun......until next time.

Comments

shelly said…
I love it there, too. So nice that you got paid and got to learn about the land and sea. I want your job. You make flower fairies and visit the beach. Where do I sign up?!
chelsea mckell said…
That sounds fascinating... like something from the Discovery Channel.
Alison said…
That looks like fun! And to think you got PAID! Glad you had a great time :)
Gates & Tausha said…
how COOL to learn all that fun stuff!!!! neat experience!!!! gates and I area finally heading to portland the 1st week of november---looks cold already eh?

Popular posts from this blog

Dads Weekend Chili & football

Toby the Wonder Dog!!!!