Capitol Reef Nat. Park Day 1

LOVE LOVE LOVE this park!!!! Truly amazing...how have I never hear of this place before??? Any way the best day ever!!!  5 hikes, 1 scenic drive, historic homemade lunch, park practically all to myself, perfect weather, dinner at an amazing restaurant, and a clear and starry night!  

The only thing that would have made it better was to have shared it with someone special. Still, I had a blast with little to no techno distractions (no phone, music, etc). So, that said here are a few of my fav. pictures from day one. Enjoy...

Good morning...
Goose-neck and Sulfur Creek

the Castle
the old School House
 

Gorgeousness 
the orchards are amazing...

So are the Fremont Petroglyph. These guys look like aliens to me..
The sheep are cool too
 Saw so many of these guys. 
I love lizards...lets call this one Terri
 Hickham Bridge, my fav. hike of the day and had the place all to myself. Beautiful!
Having fun....
 Uh Oh gotta love the self portraits...

 Blue sky's
 Loved how the trails were marked and especially liked these little guys. Why is it that when something is small it is always cute?
 Stopped at the homestead and got some homemade goods. Yummmmy and made specially for the park. Can't go wrong with peach salsa, homemade strawberry jam and fresh baked bread.
 Capitol Gorge, loved the sheer cliffs.

Pioneer Registry...one of the oldest I found that was easy to read...

And the last of the tanks...
I kept thinking of my brother,  bad water, and giardia


 Evening shadows from Sunset Point...

 End of an Awesome day!!!!
 Best restaurant in Torrey! A little pricey but soooo worth it.
Ended the night with a gorgeous star gazing session. The sky was the clearest I have seen in a long time. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dads Weekend Chili & football

Toby the Wonder Dog!!!!